- Remove bandage after 2-4 hours.
- Wash tattoo with Liquid Dial Anti-Bacterial Soap allowing it to air dry.
- Apply thin layer of Palmer’s Cocoa Butter in paste form (sold at any Target or Rite Aid).
- Repeat washing and ointment routine every 6-8 hours for the next 2 days.
- Tattoo will begin to dry up, flake and peel within the next 7-10 days, during this time resume your regular daily hygiene routine.
- Continue to apply thin layer of Palmers Cocoa Butter 2 times daily until fully healed (2-4weeks).
- Keep in mind that high activity and sweating during the first week can result in damage to a fresh tattoo requiring touch up.
Free Touch up Eligibility
- No pools, spas, ocean, saunas, soaking for first 12 days
- No use of any alternative aftercare products
- Do not pick or peel at any scabs…*remember to slap not scratch if it is itchy.
- Tattoos go through lots of changes during the healing process, it is normal for flaking of color/discoloration/ milky haziness even by the third week. If you experience extreme burning for days, bumps in or around the tattoo, or just aren’t sure contact your artist.
- Do not rely on the options of others for aftercare.
- Pay your artist a visit after four weeks of receiving your tattoo so he or she can quality check the work. Tattoos are a very specialized process, we like to see them healed to assure the best outcome.